Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What style/stereotype am i?

yeah yeah yeah.. i know that some of you are gonna be like: i don't believe in stereotyping yada yada YEAH I GET IT



sorry... anywayss



this is an average outfit for me



top- graphic tee, lots of layering, bright colors, mismatched, i love black too



bottom- skinny jeans... thats it



shoes- checkered vans, converse, or black vans



accessories- bold costume-esque jewelry, hoop earrings, usually a headband or bow in my hair



makeup- thick black eyeliner, aqua eyeliner with that, mascara



hair- wavy/somewhat curly with sidebangs



just curious to see what people say...



What style/stereotype am i?

I would think scene because of the clothes and accessories, but the hair doesn't really seem like the one of a "scene kid".



Sounds like you just regular girl who dresses how she feels like it.



Have a nice day!



What style/stereotype am i?

punk



What style/stereotype am i?

scene?



What style/stereotype am i?

skater girl/ scene.



not emo, because of the accesories and colors.



What style/stereotype am i?

Eww, you sound scene. But why do you people insist on labeling yourselves? It only limits you.



What style/stereotype am i?

High school student.



It's the "general population label". You've just described half the kids in high school.



What style/stereotype am i?

emotionally unstable scene girls that always wear their iPods in the hallway (don't do it, it makes you look anti social)



What style/stereotype am i?

We used to call that....looking like a beatnik......a rebelious side of the 1950s-ultra hip, cool, man....



What style/stereotype am i?

NOT preppy.. lol.... i'd say kinda punkish with some other style mixed in but it sounds really cool



What style/stereotype am i?

ummm... that's the way the vast majority of students dress in Europe, so I would just say that you looked normal? Then again I'm European so I don't really know that much about what American style represents.



What style/stereotype am i?

I think you sound totally normal. not like an emo or not like a preppy. I think your right in the middle. I think its cool that you dont care what other people say about you. Im preppy and i always worried what other people think of me. I wish everyone had your confidence! Good luck!!



What style/stereotype am i?

From the Neck Down--top, bottom and shoes....



I'd say you were pretty much normal, mainstream, with bits of skater or punk thrown in, depending on how you feel that day. ^_^ Typical of your ordinary, *happy* American teenager I'd say.



From the Neck UP--accessories, hair, makeup...



You're going to *kill me* for saying this, but....the emphasis on bright colors and the bow/headband thing reminds me of the Valley Girl thing from California, in the early 1980s. It's a bit of a retro look, which in itself *can be* punk as well, but is a bit dramatic and girly for a skater look.



And well...the general silhouette also says "valley girl" as well, at least it would if a) the t-shirt were loose or baggy in the slightest, *and also* b) if the skinny jeans were a bit tight in the slightest, versus merely being *fitted*. That's just the kind of shadow someone dressed that way casts: loose and more flowing up top, tight and curve-hugging on the bottom.



But hey, what do I know? I'm just an old fart, and I admit that I don't track every last variation of the gothic/emo/scene look these days. Simply put, if the Usenet group alt.gothic.fashion was any indication at all, there are *dozens* of versions of those looks, apiece. If your top, bottom and shoes were all black, with the colors up top you could *also* pass as a Perky Goth on a casual day. ^_^



So yeah....I'd say the look From The Neck UP is vague enough that you simply pass for a "normal, but slightly punkish" teenager.



Thanks for your time. ^_^ You can hate me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment