Thursday, November 26, 2009

I need to know about the TEEN TRENDS dolls- does any one have one that can help me?!!!!? Her birthda

My daughter would like to have a doll with hair that she can do like the Bratz magic hair where you can crimp and curl the hair. (I wont buy Bratz they are way to imodestly dressed and represented) I see the teen trends dolls come with curling irons and accessories that look like bratz and the box has photos of curled and uncurled but they do not say that they are anything but props to the doll.- so can you style the Teen trends dolls hair like the Brats and have it stay???



I need to know about the TEEN TRENDS dolls- does any one have one that can help me?!!!!? Her birthday is soon?

UNless the box specifically states that the doll is for styling or primping puposes, then no. I believe it's because the hair is specially treated to be styled without the use of ACTUAL hot irons or curlers. I agree with the previous answer... you can get her a My Scene or Bratz styling head. You only get a cute and decent looking head so yu need no worry about the horrid hooker trend clothing or ridiculously proportioned bodies. BUT if your daughter is wanting a whole body look to go with the hairstyles, then a good thing to try is one of many 80's or 90's dolls. Primping and hair care WAS huge in those decades so you can find a doll (they were about the size of the teen trends dolls and Barbie size ones) new in box on eBay. I can't remember the larger doll names (but they were very similar to the varietions of Lil Miss dolls by Mattel in the 80's), but some Barbies were: Totally Hair Barbie, Hollywood Hair Barbie, Magic Curl Barbie (with spedial powder to straighten and recurl hair), Glitter Hair Barbie, and Cut %26amp; Style Barbie (with hair yu can cut and regrow with extra hair that is included). If yu don't like the "trendier" My Scene or Bratz styling heads, you can also opt for a Disney model or a more toned Barbie or even an older vintage one. Sorry I can't help you with new stuff. Vintage stuff really is cool and your daughter can see what it was like to play and style old school dolls like when you were her age. I found a lisitng with a used doll you mentioned with the curling iron... on closer inspection, the iron appears to be just a faux accessory, much like you'd find on a regular line Barbie salon playset. You can judge by the doll's hair that it is in fact just an accessory... Sorry:



http://cgi.ebay.com/17-Teen-Trend-Doll-w...



I need to know about the TEEN TRENDS dolls- does any one have one that can help me?!!!!? Her birthday is soon?

I don't believe so, but there is the "Style Makeover Heads" I wouldn't suggest the Bratz ones, but they have the "MyScene Barbie" heads that have hair you can fix, as well as it is more modest.

No comments:

Post a Comment