Thursday, November 26, 2009

Ladies, is it maturity or high maintenance that causes a change in taste for designer things?

All of my life, I have been one of those females who did not care for designer clothes, accessories, etc. I was satisfied with a pair of Walmart jeans and a purse from the discount store. (Actually I was upset that I had to pay so much for them) I always talked unkindly of women who put so much money into getting their hair and nails done. I always thought they were crazy to spend hundreds of dollars for a purse. My Now that I am 26, it seems that my taste has changed. I love the mid to higher brand designer accessories and I am starting to look at the higher priced clothes. I am now into Dooney %26amp; Bourke purses and Coach day planners.



I don't know what has changed in me. Is it because I am older or am I really becoming one of those women that my husband call "high maintenance"? (I buy them with my own hard owned money so its not like I expect him to buy them)



Ladies, is it maturity or high maintenance that causes a change in taste for designer things?

I am going throught the same thing. I think it's because as we get older, we want better things for ourselves and we realize that if we work hard for it, there's no reason we can't have it. Also, we have learned to take much better care of our things. Designer products last longer then cheap products.



Ladies, is it maturity or high maintenance that causes a change in taste for designer things?

meh i think its just cause people change. its not necessarily cause your older. you could have just changed. happens all the time.



Ladies, is it maturity or high maintenance that causes a change in taste for designer things?

Dear Melissa , I have been there and I have learned as I go that you can look equally fabulous if you know to be a trendsetter full of class and style, of course as we mature our taste gets refined and changes, this does not make us high maintenance womans but, stylish and a little more picky.



Of one thing I'm sure , one can have the most expensive handbag and planner,they can be "Armani" "Coach" or as simple as Gap and JC Penney, you are the one that add a touch of flair, style and elegance to whatever you wear, specially if you know how to play the colors together with accesories. Good luck my sensible fashion friend.



Of course I agree that if we work hard we deserve to be treated once in a while as long as we do not get to spoil like a Paris Hilton level. He, he...!!



Ladies, is it maturity or high maintenance that causes a change in taste for designer things?

I can relate to your situation. The term "high maintenance" is scary! I think you could only be considered "high maintenance" if you have a dependency for these high end items and nothing else measures up. On the other hand, what is the crime in splurging? Life is too short. You should do what makes you happy!



Ladies, is it maturity or high maintenance that causes a change in taste for designer things?

I am 16 so I wouldn't know quite yet, but from what I know of my mom, it really all depends on you. Its true that most designer clothes and accessories are better quality, but it depends on how you shop. Not all cheaper clothes and accessories are bad quality, you just have to know what to look for. My mom (and me as well) never spends too much on clothes. She's always well dressed, has a good sense of style and knows how to look for deals. We shop at stores like walmart, sears, winners, costco (we love costco) and find great deals on good clothes. We could afford to buy more expensive clothes but we don't want too. If you don't have expensive designer clothes as an option, then you won't get them. It all depends on lifestyle and culture. My favorite jeans are from costco, I got really cool boots at walmart for only $20. I have had them for 3 years now, I only use them in the winter and they are still in good shape. I got a really cute purse at Fields for $15, and when it goes out of style, I can buy a new one for around the same price. This way, I am always up to date with the style and it barely costs me anything either. As for bad quality, by the time it falls apart it is already out of style. I sometimes still get designer clothes, but only because I found them in a rack of discount items at winners. The most I ever spend on shoes was $60. Jeans $25. Sweater $30. Coat $80. Purse $20. Why spend all that money when you can get what you want for a lot cheaper?

No comments:

Post a Comment