Thursday, June 17, 2010

College Fun?

I am a college student with no spending money whatsoever - everything I make goes towards bills.



Its not an issue of saving - I "save" money on things that a lot of people dont - I style my own hair, dont get my nails done, no coffee addiction, I shop at Walmart for food/toiletries, havent been shopping for ANY clothes/accessories in many months...



I feel stifled because I have no money. I'm in school, and I'll have a career soon, and I'll make money then, but in the meantime...



I feel like I'm missing out on life because I'm broke. Pretty much everything costs some money - even road trips, etc. because you need gas money.



My college experience seems limited because I don't have rich parents to pay for stuff I cant afford. How do you all deal, or how have you coped with this?



College Fun?

That was my problem for a while too but my friends would just come over to my place and we'd watch a movie or just walk around and talk. Things that don't cost anything.



College Fun?

That's life. Sometimes we don't get the things we want. At least you still have food to eat and a roof over your head. Be gratefull for that.



College Fun?

I was the same way in college. I didn't have money to spend. I didn't have a car. I didn't have much of a life outside of school and work. But, I looked at it this way...



There was only a finite percentage of my life that I was meant to be poor. I could get it all over with in college and move on, or I could just spread the poverty into thin pockets disbursed throughout life.



It's better just to get it all overwith now, like ripping the bandaid off. You are making an investment in your future, so realize that you won't be in this situation forever!



Chin up! You're doing great!!



College Fun?

Then go to a community college and live it a friend or family member. IF you seem to be soo poor. But that's really up tp u.



Now I go to a community college and I licve with my sister. I also had a job, but when school started, it would get in my way disrupt my learning process. This is why i'm poor. I barely have enough money to pay for $60 monthly bus pass. And I'm not complaining. Look, if I was rich and could spend money like puoring milk into a cereal bowl like Tom Cruse, thne I would, but in my case, I have nothing. Try to make something out of your college experince. Please just try to.



College Fun?

you're not missing anything. the best things in life are family, friends, going for walk, talking with people, excercising, reading etc

No comments:

Post a Comment